1. Students will be assigned into teams. Each team will consist of four students.
2. The breakdown of teams and their responsibilities are as follows:
a. Each team will be assigned a particular task/assignment
b. Work together to locate and process the information. Information can be found in
many of the sites chosen.
c. Prepare to be prepared to present your findings and recommendations.
3. The key assignments are as follows:
Team 1: The Agricultural Revolution.
Team 2: What are the reasons that enabled
industrialize. Ensure the use of visuals
Team 3: Causes of the urbanization of
Team 4: The life and working/living conditions of children
Team 5: The life and working/living conditions of women
Team 6: The living conditions of families.
Team 7: The working conditions in the factories/mines
Team 8: The sanitary impacts in the urban areas.
Team 9: The environmental impacts in the urban area.
Team 10: The conditions of the poorhouses.
Products to produce
1. PowerPoint Presentation that represents the causes/problems of the Industrial Revolution within the assignments themselves. Include your recommendations for change. (Teams 1-3 will not have any recommendations)
2. A typed essay that states the assignment. Include your recommendations to the government.
Sites to be reviewed and researched for this assignment.
Industrial Revolution Information (multiple sources for all teams)
Victorian Web: Collection of pages about conditions in the Industrial Revolution
British National Archives. Collection of pages on the many aspects of the Industrial Revolution
Interviews (on observation/conditions)
Multiple interviews (Views for and against child/women labor)
Engels on life in Manchester (Fordham Univeristy)
Nightingale on rural sanitation (Fordham Univeristy)
Workhouse rules/condition (poorhouse)
Additional Sites good for all teams